Thread: Sensors
View Single Post
#1: 03-10-2013, 07:56 PM
Sensors

Hemingway
Title: For Whom the Bell Tolls
Car: 98 Legacy Wagon
Send a private message to Hemingway Find all posts by Hemingway Reply With Quote
Ok, my first thread folks ... and I did a fair amount of searching on this subject. However, given the level of experience in this community, I'd like to hear your responses. If there is a thread or online resource that you know, please let me know.

As I read up on engine maintenance, I am floored by the number of sensors on the 2.2L ej22e engine. In the course of reading recommendations, I hear other posters talk about these different sensors - MAF, O2, etc. Sometimes people recommend 'cleaning' this sensor or 'checking' that sensor.

Now, I have a car with 102K miles on it and it seems to be running just fine. However, should I be checking, cleaning or otherwise replacing certain sensors after a 100K? As far as I know, they are all working ... if they weren't, wouldn't I get a Check Engine Light? Right now, the CEL lights up on ignition then goes off ... and I have no other indications that any of the sensors are malfunctioning. Should I check them out anyway? If so, which ones?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Sponsored links