View Single Post
#8: 03-09-2013, 05:49 PM

watchdoc
Title: New Member
Send a private message to watchdoc Find all posts by watchdoc Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennyfvholla View Post
10) The BIGGEST difference sedan and wagon is the camber between the struts.... Sedans have more camber and sedans have less.

SO, WRX WAGON struts are CLOSER in design to the second gen Legacy struts than WRX sedan struts are...
Thank you for such a definitive answer. I assume you meant "WAGONS HAVE LESS".

I do have one more question.

Do 02-07 impreza struts allow any additional clearance for larger wheels and tires?

I recently bought a 98 5spd LGT wagon. I am a long time subaru owner but new to legacies. Here is the suspension that I ALREADY OWN from a previous impreza.

Tokico D spec struts for Impreza Sedan
Sti springs
Whiteline Comp C top hats (add neg camber and additional caster)
Group N rear top hats (Sti style)
Crash bolts for the rear

It would appear all I would need is a pair of 3/8th rear spacers and I'm good to go.

I also have a set of 04 Sti Goldies with 235/45/17 Nitto 555 tires. They just barely rub the lower strut perch on the stock Legacy GT struts.

I had already posted in the photos section so I didn't wanna be a post whore or get yelled at for overposting. Here are a couple pics. Any feedback is welcome.

I would summarize my goals as suble subaru style with an emphasis on handling without sacrificing highway manners. I have tried A LOT of subaru suspensions over the last decade and D specs with Sti springs is the best budget suspension I've tried.

Last edited by watchdoc; 03-09-2013 at 06:05 PM..