View Single Post
#1013: 03-07-2013, 12:29 PM
 
 fredrik94087
fredrik94087's Avatar
Title: Uber Ogre
Rank: Premium Donator
Location: My Own Little World
Car: 2013 Legacy 3.6R limited
Posts: 2,264
iTrader: (4)
Send a private message to fredrik94087 Find all posts by fredrik94087
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Man View Post
I am not bailing. However I had decided to go ahead and install the black springs, even though I will have to pay the install labor a 2nd time once the struts come in.

Now I have to decide whether to go ahead with springs now, or wait. If I really thought it would be just 10 or 12 weeks, I'd wait.

So Myles. When you say production starts in 10 weeks, is that production on our struts, or on the parts Bilstein needs to complete the struts?

I'm thinking 10 weeks for Bilstein to get the parts, then we have to go through that BS of getting a production date, getting them made, getting them shipped, etc. I'm thinking 4 months at least. That's July 4th. I really don't want to waste another summer driving season flopping around. The snow is melting on Bobcat Pass, and the Enchanted Circle beckons. Should I install springs now, or wait?

Any guidance would be appreciated. And any ETA will be treated with salt grains.
It is an improvement over stock. It is not ideal without proper dampening, of course. And, by the time the struts are available, your springs will be completely settled.

You bought these springs because after careful consideration of every spring out there, these came out on top.

After installing these springs, it was a toss-up with 16" rims and 225s, but with 17" and 245s, I'd rather have it than not, and so will you.

Cheers!