View Single Post
#22: 03-06-2013, 11:11 PM

evil03mustang
Title: Senior Contributor
Car: 06 LGT 5M OBP/BLK / '78 Honda GL1000
Send a private message to evil03mustang Find all posts by evil03mustang Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by robitrice View Post
never assume the dealer people know what they are doing.
I'm not. This guy does have a pretty good reputation, however. He's the only guy around that deals almost exclusively in the local Subaru dealers' used car sales. (the local folks don't keep any used... he gets all of them)

Quote:
Their job is to just get it running and available for sale as quickly and cheaply as possible.
He's had the car and been working on it for over a year. The only reason he's been doing as much on it is because I lit a fire under his behind... I'm just hoping that my motivation hasn't pushed him into any carelessness.

Quote:
I would make sure you leave with some sort of print out or everything they did with the car and what was replaced.
I've already requested that, and he has agreed to provide it.

Quote:
Does seem odd that that issue all of a sudden popped up. I would be very picky but i am also a paranoid car buyer even if its brand new off the assembly line lol
Well he got it with a busted oil pickup, so the first it's run since he bought it was literally last week. New crank, new crank bearkings, new cam bearings, boiled the block, new wrist pins, boiled the heads, new oil cooler, new oil pickup (I wish I had been able to provide him a killer B oil p/u) new timing set... I'm sure I'm forgetting things. Anyway, the whole thing has been gone over quite thoroughly by a qualified mechanic... I can see how a lifter bucket may have lost a shim here or there, so that's forgivable... just sucks that the whole thing has to come out to replace those.

The maintenance history on this piece is complete, as well, and it was a one owner car from Indiana when he got it. Apparently it's had the turbo replaced more than a couple of times in its short 63k life. I'm thinking I want to put the Infamous turbo oil supply on it like pronto.

Last edited by evil03mustang; 03-06-2013 at 11:13 PM..