View Single Post
#1: 03-06-2013, 05:26 PM
Should I buy a modded or stock LGT?

mcdougaldm
Title: New Member
Car: 2006 spec B #286
Send a private message to mcdougaldm Find all posts by mcdougaldm Reply With Quote
Hey there,

I'm not completely new to Subaru's I've been wanting to buy a 2.5gt for over 3 years. (in the mean time i convinced my parents to buy a '10 forester XT) Anyways I finally have the means to do so now that I'm graduating college so I've been getting pretty serious in my search.

Right now I'm trying to decide if I would be better off buying a completely stock Legacy GT (hard to find!) or going for a car that already has a few modifications.

I would be using this car to drive on the highway everyday to my new job and I'm going to need it to be reliable and long lasting. If I was to buy a stock legacy I would likely have the basic bolt on's installed myself (I understand its a good idea to tune these cars when installing intakes etc). Would it be worth my money or is it relatively safe to buy cars that have already been tuned?

What would you guys stay away from modification wise and what do you think might actually benefit me?
Sponsored links