Thread: Per-Gear Tuning
View Single Post
#11: 03-06-2013, 12:20 PM

SeeeeeYa
Title: Burning Monkey
Car: 2015 GBP CVT WRX Ltd
Send a private message to SeeeeeYa Find all posts by SeeeeeYa Reply With Quote
I will say the tables in the emineheart RR thread above are significantly different from what I have to work with in ATR. It would be nice to edit tables like that, but I have to do extra manipulations to get the per gear torque breakout I need.

Can someone look with OS to see if those tables are still the same in a 2011 STi? If they're the same then "someone" at Cobb made the job for ATR folk not only more difficult, but have less resolution as well. I have to wonder why they would do that... if they did.

I've been kicking myself for selling my Tactrix cable. I only did so because Cobb had it locked out. Then, shortly after I sold it, they made it possible to use it. It is time for a new one if those tables are as detailed in OS now for my STi as for the 08 WRX in the RR thread.

It may be up to a skilled OS user like fahr-side to take this thread where people can actually use it. It's been a fairly complicated job of tuning for me to get where I am. That has been complicated by adding in per gear timing, which made a huge difference but means log/tune/log/etc multiple timing tables. Per gear boost, which most can implement, was made more complicated for me because I added an EBCS at the same time, and tuned multiple boost tables in sub-freezing temps. I bet those with an EBCS already would be ahead of the game to start.