View Single Post
#5: 03-01-2013, 09:22 AM

DOHCEJ22E1
Title: Monkey
Car: 1998 Subaru Legacy GT-L powered by EJ22D
Send a private message to DOHCEJ22E1 Find all posts by DOHCEJ22E1 Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by TC207 View Post
Just trying to get some advice... I have a '98 LGT 2.5 5 speed with a few engine mods. It's got 8mm plug wires, ported/polished intake manifold and heads, Borla headers, 2.25 stainless exhaust w/a Flowmaster Super 10 and a stage 2 clutch. I'm thinking about putting a lightweight crank pulley, NOT an underdrive pulley on, but I've read that most don't have a harmonic balancer and could cause premature wear and potentiall failure of my crank bearings but IDK because I've never had one on any of my cars... My other question is is it even worth the $130 for the pulley because idk what kind of power gains I would get.
Our engines do not have harmonic balancers.
You will also not gain any power from a lightweight crank pulley but it does help relieve stress on the engine & causes it to be more willing to turn over & spin, which is not harmful for the internals.
Basically, you will be able to get on/in & off/out of the power much easier & sooner.
For what the lightweight pulley does, I spent $75 on a Kartboy Lightweight Pulley & have been very satisfied.