Thread: Stalling issue
View Single Post
#7: 02-28-2013, 05:58 PM

Nickjohnson
Title: New Member
Send a private message to Nickjohnson Find all posts by Nickjohnson Reply With Quote
Hey guys thank you for the replies sorry I actually forgot I made this! So here is the update I took my Suburu back down to them and explained the issues. They told me they would look at it again free of charge. It turns out the engine had been running on 2 or 3 cylinders and it was having a hard engine slap and misfiring and that I will have to replace it. Its kind of bs that they didnt tell me this in the first place but what they said was that they thought the issue was in the harmonic balancer and timing and pulley etc. and that they couldnt have know untill they fixed these things. Any way I am in a bind now and I don't know what to do. I guess I am looking at a rebuild or to buy a rebuilt online. Does anyone know what kind of prices I will be looking at I will be in a budget of around 2000 to spend on buying the engine and the installation. If anybody knows any good sites for this that 2 would be appreciated. Also I live in Whitehorse, Yukon.

Cheers everyone!!!