View Single Post
#1: 02-27-2013, 05:16 PM
Can tunes go bad?

glgraham_2000
Title: Junior Member
Car: 2005 LGT 5EAT TDC Stage II
Send a private message to glgraham_2000 Find all posts by glgraham_2000 Reply With Quote
I have had a 2005 Legacy GT since it was pretty much brand new. I have had my Cobb AP installed with a custom stage 2 tune from TDC since the begining. Going on 90k miles with the tune. I have 110k miles now and all the sudden, the car will not start sometimes. I would have to reset the ECU with the Cobb AP to get the car to start. Over time, that stopped working and I had to wait 15 to 30 minutes until it would start after reseting the ECU. I took it to the dealer and they said there must be something wrong with the tune. I have had the same tune for 90k. How all the sudden does it go bad?

I decided to uninstall the the Cobb AP to run the factory tune to see what happens. The problem went away. Drove around with the factory tune for a few days and it started everytime. Besides the CEL comming on due to my exhaust mods and removal of sensors, the car ran perfect.

I decided to reinstall the Cobb AP and my custom Stage 2 TDC tune. After the install, I have not had a single problem for the last week.

How does that happen? Does the computer start rejecting a tune after 90K?

Any ideas?

Last edited by glgraham_2000; 02-27-2013 at 05:20 PM..
Sponsored links