View Single Post
#1: 02-25-2013, 07:59 AM
Ordered A New Legacy, Am I "Locked In" Now?

thejammonster
Title: New Member
Car: 2013 Legacy 3.6R Ltd.
Send a private message to thejammonster Find all posts by thejammonster Reply With Quote
So I put down $1,000 last week to order a new Subaru from the factory:

2013 Legacy 3.6R Ltd. w/ Moonroof, Navigation & Eyesight

I actually have some equity in my 2010 Legacy 2.5GT Ltd. lease (I didn't know that was possible). They are giving me $19,500 for my lease trade-in which is ~$2,500 over the residual, so that money goes toward the new lease like a down payment.

The possible problem is that they can't give exact lease numbers until the car arrives in a couple months because there could be different promotions, different rates, etc. My fear is that I am have no room to do any further negotiation when it comes time to sign because I already put $1,000 down to place the order. I had to put the $1,000 down when I ordered my 2010 too (I think it is a Subaru thing, not a dealer thing) and I felt like I got screwed a bit back then because they already had my $1,000 and had no motivation to "win" my business at that point, and it was my first new car lease.

This time around I got them to bump up the amount for my trade-in and bring down the sale amount from the MSRP some. Do I have any more room for negotiation when the car comes in? Does anybody have any insight in to this situation? Thanks!
Sponsored links