View Single Post
#12: 02-14-2013, 11:23 AM
**Update**

1337Logic
Title: Member
Car: 05 LGT 5EAT 265/309
Send a private message to 1337Logic Find all posts by 1337Logic Reply With Quote
The warranty company still refuses to pay, after speaking with 3 reps and 2 diff managers, I wrote to the BBB, and will be going about this all out of pocket.

Spoke with the mechanic again today, he finally reassembled everything, and got it "running" ... however he said its smoking terribly, there is a loud rattle in the turbo itself, and that there is a chance only the turbo was ruined.

I'm leery to believe anything he says at this point, lol, so gonna go with the stock long block that has been sitting on a pallet for 3 months, and going to have to source a turbo. I at some point wanted to upgrade to stage 2 .. possibly 3 further down the road, but looks like I get to start now....So couple of questions, well my ideas anyway, just want to be sure my understanding is correct.

This car is a DD .. auto-x about twice a month tho, and the occasional 'legal street race' .. So I figure a BNR 16g, Accessport, and full turbo gasket kit would be a start to bolt onto my new long block. Do we have a bnr vendor on lgt? ... Later I could get the 650CC fuel pump, injectors, up, dp etc?..

Right now my main focus is getting up and running before I have to leave to FL .. RREEAALLLY don't want to tow a motor and vehicle down heh, but figured may as well start on going stage 2

Last edited by 1337Logic; 02-14-2013 at 11:31 AM..