View Single Post
#988: 02-11-2013, 04:32 PM

fredrik94087
Title: Uber Ogre
Car: 2013 Legacy 3.6R limited
Send a private message to fredrik94087 Find all posts by fredrik94087 Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneDoubleN View Post
Yes, that's what most of us thought two years ago . Guestimates are no longer relevant when dealing with Bilstein.

They're great springs, yes it's worth paying labor twice unless you can "wait" for the bilsteins to arrive, though I wouldn't recommend it from past precedent, unless you're willing to wait a very long time to try and save a couple hundred bucks.

ANY lowering spring is going to make the current struts wear out faster since they are placing added demand on them. The more drastic the drop, the more quickly the stock struts (or any struts) will wear out. RCE's have the mildest drop of any available lowering spring for the 5th gen and work well with the stock struts (as well as they can work with crap stock dampers anyway).
So, it's your take that just RCE spings with OEM '13 struts and shocks should not make me bounce like I'm shooting for the stars?!?!?!

I have the order in and waiting for arrival, but hesitant on the install for just what I mentioned.

On a side note, they will be coupled with 245/45/17 tires on 9" rims...

Thoughts TheOneDoubleN????

Last edited by fredrik94087; 02-11-2013 at 04:33 PM.. Reason: more