View Single Post
#987: 02-11-2013, 04:19 PM

TheOneDoubleN
Title: Crash Test Dummy
Car: '08 535xi Sport Wagon
Send a private message to TheOneDoubleN Find all posts by TheOneDoubleN
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Man View Post
Myles...do you have even a guestimate on when the struts might be made. It sounds like Bilstein has to engineer the parts, build and test prototypes before they get them into production. Plus they have to do this for all the Subaru parts they make. Since the LGT order is so small, I'd expect we'd be the last ones to get served.

So I'm thinking 6 months at best.
Yes, that's what most of us thought two years ago . Guestimates are no longer relevant when dealing with Bilstein.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Man View Post
I'd like some opinions from people who have installed the RCE springs. Is it worth paying the labor twice to go ahead and get them installed? Will they make the current shocks wear out faster?

Any help from anyone in making this decision would be helpful.
They're great springs, yes it's worth paying labor twice unless you can "wait" for the bilsteins to arrive, though I wouldn't recommend it from past precedent, unless you're willing to wait a very long time to try and save a couple hundred bucks.

ANY lowering spring is going to make the current struts wear out faster since they are placing added demand on them. The more drastic the drop, the more quickly the stock struts (or any struts) will wear out. RCE's have the mildest drop of any available lowering spring for the 5th gen and work well with the stock struts (as well as they can work with crap stock dampers anyway).