View Single Post
#6: 02-07-2013, 09:27 PM

Platinum_Racing
Title: Monkey
Car: 2005 LGT 5EAT
Send a private message to Platinum_Racing Find all posts by Platinum_Racing Reply With Quote
Sorry to revive a several month old thread. I searched and found this thread, which is about as relevant as it gets.

I just had these tires installed today. I haven't had much drive time with them yet, but so far they're a massive improvement. The previous owner had the absolute worst tires installed on this car. I found them online for $57 each. Here they are...
http://www.vulcantire.com/tire_detai...FQ-f4AodJCIA3A

They were terrible. The understeer pulling into dirty parking spots was scary. The front of the car would just slide over 4-10 inches if you were riding the brake. And they sounded just like BFG All-Terrains on the highway.

The biggest difference so far (In the less than 100 miles since having them installed) is that they are virtually silent. I knew the crappy tires were way louder than normal tires, but I still chalked some of the noise up to the car itself, specifically the drivetrain. I never realized the car itself was so quiet. I also noticed that going over bumps doesn't quite have the same edge to it that it used to. Surprisingly braking so far feels about the same. I had to do a couple panic stops with the "Made In China" tires and they never really broke traction for more than a couple chirps. Maybe that's the electronic brake distribution doing its job though, who knows. Cornering hasn't just improved, it's actually possible now. The China tires had way more understeer than I ever realized, and they sent every single bump during a turn straight into the steering rack as a violent jolt. These tires are indescribably better. I'll get back with more details after this storm passes and I can get some real-world use out of these tires.