View Single Post
#1: 02-07-2013, 06:52 PM
Process West TMIC and splitter fitment issues

scoobydoobie
Title: Scooby
Car: 05 ABP LGT unlimted
Send a private message to scoobydoobie Find all posts by scoobydoobie Reply With Quote
The rear most part of my splitter sits on the IC in a way that it blocks the last two rows of fins from getting air . The front edge of the splitter does not touch the IC, probably a 1" or more gap between the splitter edge and front of the IC. So the IC is not fully sealed by the splitter, and the last two rows of fins are not getting air. Anyone else have issues aligning the TMIC/Splitter together?

It would seem that to make things right, I would need to move the entire TMIC toward the front of the car another inch or so. There's no way to make that happen. Or I could possibly move the splitter back slightly to allow all the fins to have airflow, and to have it seal on the front. Not sure the best way to be going about doing this though as I have used the proper mounting points for the splitter.

Anyone else had these issues? If so, how did you fix them? Any advice is appreciated.

I swear I've had more issues with this IC over the past two weeks than I did with my RacerX front mount in two years. I've been doing nothing but chasing and fixing boost leaks, and adjusting fitment since I installed it a couple weeks ago. It does its job well though, cold to the touch after a few spirited drives and hit an overboost CEL for the first time ever today. That was a little nerve wracking. C'mon Infamous with that revision...
Sponsored links