View Single Post
#1757: 02-07-2013, 08:25 AM

Perscitus
Title: Burning Monkey
Car: 2010 GGM 3.6R Premium (AMR Tuned)
Send a private message to Perscitus Find all posts by Perscitus Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by faded-a-fool View Post
Sorry if this is a newb question.... Am I'm going to need hub centric rings? The center bore of the wheels are 57.1mm and isn't the stock center bore 56.1mm? Not sure if it will matter for 1mm. Edit: nvm, found the thread below. http://legacygt.com/forums/showthrea...ls-195293.html
Yeah, this^^^. There are mixed opinions about a need for hub centric rings with just a 1-2mm difference. I'd say get them, pop them in and forget about it. One less thing to worry about when your non-OEM wheels are not just lug centric but also hub centric. Properly seated on the hub and not introducing additional stress on any of the studs. Might also save you from some unwanted vibrations at the steering wheel and throughtout the suspension and chassis.

There are also mixed opinions about plastic vs metal rings (rust at the contact points even if they're SS). Plus if your wheels happen to be from a particular manufacturer (say Enkei), they might also provide custom OE hub centric rings. Only those will fit if applicable.

I've been running some aluminium Enkei hub centric rings (spring loaded) with my Enkei wheels and I'm happy with them.

In turn, my brother who owns a Toyota with a 5x100 bolt pattern, inherited my OEM wheels and has a 56.1 -> 54.1MM plastic rings to mate to his smaller hub. Also no issues and much better balance and steering responce than a few K driving without the rings.
The Following User Says Thank You to Perscitus For This Useful Post:
faded-a-fool (02-07-2013)