View Single Post
#36: 02-04-2013, 05:57 PM

RustyShackleford
Title: Contributor
Car: 2006 Outback 2.5i Ltd w/ '07 HU
Send a private message to RustyShackleford Find all posts by RustyShackleford Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_ster View Post
the wires go over to the rear dome light 1 ground screw near the rear dome light. then the wires gow down right behind the right brake light and there are 3 plugs un plug those and pull the wire up so you can access the dammaged areas with out cutting the acordian boot.
I think the attached picture starts to make this make sense. It looks like the main harness to the rear of the car does not come through the roof (as I somehow was assuming) but to the taillite(s) instead. So I think Frank is talking about unplugging D33, D34, and D35 from the right rear taillite area, and then D37 and GB-10 from the rear dome lite area (just needing to pull back the headliner a little). Then you'd be able to pull the harness a little ways INTO the tailgate and get to the damaged sections of wire and splice a fix in place.

Since somehow Subaru managed to find wire that could not survive repeated bending of opening/closing the tailgate, I wonder what's a good way to find some wire than would survive better. It's kinda ridiculous that this is a problem - my 1997 never had ANY such problem with the tailgate wires (until the engine self-destructed last year).
Attached Files
File Type: pdf temp.pdf (41.8 KB, 164 views)

Last edited by RustyShackleford; 02-04-2013 at 05:59 PM..