View Single Post
#546: 02-04-2013, 06:36 PM

SeeeeeYa
Title: Burning Monkey
Car: 2015 GBP CVT WRX Ltd
Send a private message to SeeeeeYa Find all posts by SeeeeeYa Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobycoupe View Post
yeah i absolutely agree with what you are saying about the tune. as far as the intake goes i was referring to the cobb sf intake which is what the OTS maps are tuned for. Now i know the OTS maps for the AP are not perfect but they are a pretty safe tune for basic bolt ons that are required for stage 2.

The only additional part I have is a grimmspeed EBCS, which seems to be a good addition to help keep boost where it should be. Other than suspension/brake upgrades I'm not sure what else I can do for power/reliability, and I dont want to do too much since its my DD I have a swapped RS thats my toy.

This is just my first time using an AP and I am unfamiliar with the do's and dont's of them.
I would feel deaf and blind without my AP. I log every mile I drive, and I review them when I'm done for the day. Takes only minutes.

Over the years my AP has gone from a Pouch Potatoe in the glove compartment to a full time resident on my dash. A lot of time has been spent determining its best location... and its mounting. With it I keep track of, and record, everything important going on. With it always in view and near at hand I can select my choices as safely and easily as using the radio.

Cobb's current crop of OTS tunes are far superior to those of earlier times, for sure. You just have to keep on top of it, nevertheless.