View Single Post
#225: 02-04-2013, 05:03 PM

GTEASER
Title: Teaser of the G
Car: '12 Legacy GT Stage1 and '03 Forester X
Send a private message to GTEASER Find all posts by GTEASER Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by RailKill View Post
Thanks Joe. Unfortunately, every review on them from Harbor Freight said they broke on the first use but at least you steered me in the right direction. I'll check another local store.
The only tool I ever broke was NOT used as intended (like put a 3' pipe on a 1/2" ratchet and jumped up and down on it) and luckily it was a Craftsman. I took it in to Sears in pieces...and they replaced it.

The trick is to use the tool as it was intended. Brake lines are not gonna be torqued on that tight that you are going to find yourself breaking wrenches. My bet is that those guys that broke them were working on an old rust bucket classic and they didn't spray with PB first. And there are another 100 people out there that bought them and no problems at all. Reviewers tend to come out of the woodwork when something breaks, not when it works. The way I look at it, for 10 bucks I got 5 wrenches with 10 sizes and the next time I find I need one, of any size, there will be one waiting in my tool box and I won't have to go to the store to buy one.

Last edited by GTEASER; 02-04-2013 at 05:05 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GTEASER For This Useful Post:
coppertone (02-05-2013), RailKill (02-04-2013)