View Single Post
#223: 02-04-2013, 04:46 PM

Blizzard
Title: Burning Monkey
Car: Stage 2+ 2010 LGT
Send a private message to Blizzard Find all posts by Blizzard Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutchard View Post
Surly, I'm really sorry to hear about your engine woes, but I really don't think it's fair to point the finger at e85 and close the case. Cylinder 2 could have been week before the switch and more power pushed it further. Maybe the tune was too agressive? I know you said you didn't have too many miles on the e85 tune, but did you get your e85 at a consistent location? Even when I go to the same gas station all the time, I still test the e85 every time. The blend can range from 70-85%, sometimes even up to 90% If the blend changes, your tune needs to change. I have 2-3 maps depending on what the blend is.
I was going to say something along similar lines but got distracted. There are lots of other things that could have happened here and issues prior to e85 could have definitely led to the demise. Especially when you factor in how little miles were put on the car with e85 running through the fuel system. What's done is done though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTEASER View Post
Not taken as dickish, Blizz. It was a simple mistake. I had forgotten that Rutchard was being chivalrous and doing a really commendable thing by helping his mom out. I can edit it if you'd like.

You know, sometimes I feel a little disconnected from you guys way out here on the West Coast. Many of you have had the opportunity to meet eachother. Here in NorCal I don't have another 5th gen LGT guy to meet up with. There are a few, but they are not really active here on the forum except for the occassional flurry and then nothing for months. I value all of your guys experience and discussion, and I certainly wouldn't purposely disparrage or disrespect any of you.
I think you understand why I said what I said. Sometimes taking a step back and thinking about things before posting is beneficial. Anyway no need to talk about it anymore so back to conversations about Surly rebuild efforts lol.

If this rebuild happens it'd be Jalopnik worthy in my opinion. At least that's something I would want to read about. Makes you kind of proud to be part of a small brand based community.

Last edited by Blizzard; 02-04-2013 at 07:33 PM..