View Single Post
#216: 02-04-2013, 05:07 PM

SurlyOldManMN
Title: Burning Monkey
Car: 2010 LGTL
Send a private message to SurlyOldManMN Find all posts by SurlyOldManMN Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutchard View Post
Surly, I'm really sorry to hear about your engine woes, but I really don't think it's fair to point the finger at e85 and close the case. Cylinder 2 could have been week before the switch and more power pushed it further. Maybe the tune was too agressive? I know you said you didn't have too many miles on the e85 tune, but did you get your e85 at a consistent location? Even when I go to the same gas station all the time, I still test the e85 every time. The blend can range from 70-85%, sometimes even up to 90% If the blend changes, your tune needs to change. I have 2-3 maps depending on what the blend is.
I think it was already weak after talking with the NF guys this afternoon. These are the same internals that fail at much lower levels all over Nabisco. It has a fairly conservative tune that is more or less based on E70. A testing kit will be a mandatory investment if she runs free again.

It is still going to be my strong, STRONG recommendation that internals be done for E85. I won't know the real story until when/if the block gets cracked open.