View Single Post
#214: 02-04-2013, 03:23 PM

Rutchard
Title: Burning Monkey
Car: VW TDI
Send a private message to Rutchard Find all posts by Rutchard Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTEASER View Post
^Yep, Rutchard did say that. But curiously he didn't say why he hadn't driven it in months.
Yeah, didn't want to derail the thread by going into details.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBopper View Post
^^Wasn't he staying with his Mom, to help her get back on her feet...?
Bingo. Mom's going through chemo and I've been staying with her for a few months. My LGT is 4 states away at my house.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SurlyOldManMN View Post
I thought he did some internals work too?
Nope, the engine has never been apart or out of the car. Still the OEM longblock. Somewhere around 36,000mi on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBopper View Post
I don't think so ... but I may be wrong. I remember him doing FP, injectors, WBO2, different intake (maybe running OEM again after he had a problem w/something tearing up his fender liner), SD tune ... I can't remember him having anything done inside.
That's pretty much a complete list of the power mods. I was planning to put the stock airbox back in when winter rolled around, but I haven't been home so it hasn't happened.

Surly, I'm really sorry to hear about your engine woes, but I really don't think it's fair to point the finger at e85 and close the case. Cylinder 2 could have been week before the switch and more power pushed it further. Maybe the tune was too agressive? I know you said you didn't have too many miles on the e85 tune, but did you get your e85 at a consistent location? Even when I go to the same gas station all the time, I still test the e85 every time. The blend can range from 70-85%, sometimes even up to 90% If the blend changes, your tune needs to change. I have 2-3 maps depending on what the blend is.