View Single Post
#37: 02-04-2013, 01:53 PM

dan96max
Title: New Member
Send a private message to dan96max Find all posts by dan96max Reply With Quote
So again thanks for all the replies and info. I went out saturday and test drove a Legacy 3.6r limited, Altima 3.5, and a fully loaded Accord V6.

I was partial to the Nissan because I've liked my last two and the Altima was no different. I was ultra comfortable in it and loved the tech. It really made me 2nd guess getting an AWD car until I got home and did a little research. It seems there are plenty of unhappy buyers of the '13 remodel. The one I drove had a side view mirror that shook like crazy. It seemed a little odd for a car still wrapped in plastic. They had a GTR in the showroom that got most of my attention when we got back from the Altima test drive. Not sure how they get buyers to pay attention when that's in there.

The Accord I hated from the second I sat in it. The ergonomics of that car are the worst out of anything I've ever sat in. I can't believe that car gets so much attention in reviews. The seating position gave me instant back pain. It puts a reasonably sized persons knees above the waist which transfers pressure to the lower back. The only way I could finish the test drive was by having my left foot stuck between the foot rest and brake pedal (almost under it). The tech was overly complex even for me as an IT guy and the touch screen was unresponsive. Engine in the accord was nice and smooth though and pulled hard which was nice. Other than that it's not for me.

The Subaru dealer was much smaller and more laid back. It was also a volvo dealer so I was able to take a brief look at the S60 in the show room. I liked the feel of the Legacy and how it seemed glued to the road. It was comfortable and felt very solid. The whole car felt like it was better quality than what I was expecting from a Subaru. It was definitely on par with the Altima and Accord. The one I drove didn't have Nav so I couldn't check that out but I'll probably opt for it when I buy. I didn't get that initial excitement with the Legacy like I did with the Altima but I also didn't push it as hard either. The Nissan and Honda guys were eager for me to beat on their cars for whatever reason. As if WOT is all that matters when buying a car. The overall package of the Legacy seems better to me. For the price, options, handling and AWD I think it fits my needs pretty well. I'm sure once I own it and take it on some back roads it will be plenty exciting.

As far as the TL I've pretty much ruled it out. If it's even remotely like the Accord I won't be happy with it. I also like the idea of buying brand new over used. So Legacy it is. I'm going to hold off a bit to sell my current car and save up a bigger down payment. Excited to be joining the Subaru family

Last edited by dan96max; 02-04-2013 at 01:55 PM..