View Single Post
#34: 02-04-2013, 11:26 AM

RustyShackleford
Title: Contributor
Car: 2006 Outback 2.5i Ltd w/ '07 HU
Send a private message to RustyShackleford Find all posts by RustyShackleford Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_ster View Post
yes the harness is easily changeable about 30 min job.

the wires go over to the rear dome light 1 ground screw near the rear dome light. then the wires gow down right behind the right brake light and there are 3 plugs un plug those and pull the wire up so you can access the dammaged areas with out cutting the acordian boot.
Frank, if you have a few minutes, could you explain in a little greater detail the entire procedure for fixing these wires ? It looks like you're talking about completely disconnecting one end of the harness and pulling it through the accordion boot, so you can splice repairs into the wires without messing with the boot. But WHICH way are you pulling the harness thru the boot ? I assume you're also having to pull back the head-liner at the rear, so you can access the wires where they go into the boot ? I can't see how if you just disconnect the harness at the rear dome light and the right tail light ass'y that you can then actually pull the harness through the boot. Very confused - please help !