View Single Post
#1: 02-03-2013, 09:10 AM
Trying to find Bushings! Coilovers or struts?

Tehnation
Title: Contributing V.P.
Car: 05 LGT LTD 5MT OBP, Stage 2 Cryotuned
Send a private message to Tehnation Find all posts by Tehnation Reply With Quote
I am not a fan of the way my car handles at high speed, so I have been purchasing parts and planning out how I will redo all the bushings/suspension in a timely and costly fashion.

My list so far for anyone else looking to do the same thing:

-Megan Racing Rear, F/R lateral arms. $330, I figured why replace the bushings when you can get each set of arms for 150 bucks with new bushings and stronger in general.

-Whiteline Rear Trailing Arm Bushings W63398. $55 , these will be a pain in the ass to get out but the 2 piece style bushings are easy as pie to get back in so the hardest part here is removing the trailing arm, and then pressing out the bushing.

-Whiteline Front Inner Control arm bushing, W0506, These have to be pressed out, but these are 2 piece as well and should be easy to press in.

-Balljoints $40, Any auto store.

-Megan Racing Street Coilovers (or a set of BC Racing coilovers if I can get them for around the price) $860. Pretty good price for some average coilovers, nothing spectacular, but I was going to leave this for last to see what the ride is like after I change all the bushings. But still not sure I may just get new struts and springs. I have to do some more research. Opinions appreciated! Little help!

-Hotchkiss Sway Bar set. with Kartboy Endlinks- Already installed.

-The only thing I am missing is the Front outer control arm bushing which I have not been able to find on the net, which is one of the main reasons for this post! Anyone know the Manufacturer and Model # for some Front outer control arm poly bushings, 2 piece if possible? Little help!

Last edited by Tehnation; 02-03-2013 at 09:16 AM..
Sponsored links