Thread: Here's a doozy
View Single Post
#9: 02-01-2013, 12:11 PM

CaptainGVT
Title: New Member
Send a private message to CaptainGVT Find all posts by CaptainGVT Reply With Quote
Old engine had an undetermined amount of miles on the donor car and always ran hot. The goal was always to have a new mill and we used the old one just to shake out the bugs during testing.

The new engine is built from scratch using some of the old bolt on parts. Added an FPgreen turbo, Up and down pipe, new BOV, better fuel pump and injectors, and wanted to do a simple- but reliable/safe tune. Just to keep it simple, I expect about 280-300hp in a car that weighs about 1800lbs.

All is for squat, if I can't get the thing to fire.

OBDII for resale one day, all states don't look at emissions the same, so I want to keep that, as well as the ABS, and all of the other etc. Car is registered as a 2012 Custom in North Carolina- so emissions are compulsory.

And yes- we cheated with the diff.

Any thoughts on the possibility of the electrical issue that shut the test mill down in the rain, and any similarities to this one not having fire? That should be checked in the event it has reared it's head during the transfer of the engines.