View Single Post
#135: 02-01-2013, 06:09 AM

specialB
Title: Monkey
Car: GT Spec.B #449, VF52 cornfed
Send a private message to specialB Find all posts by specialB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero1 View Post
The lower you go with your suspension, there is a point at which the geometry of the suspension starts negatively affecting everything. You can't turn as sharply anymore, going over larger obstacles will eventually break things because there is no longer "suspension", you lose contact area with the pavement so you lose some ability to brake, handle, and accelerate, and this doesn't just affect you it affects all those around you.

I love having a lower car to get rid of body roll and stiffen up the ride some for higher speed turning while maintaining OEM alignment specs. Slammed, extreme cambered, and zero suspension travel goes along the lines of ridiculous. In an era of idiot drivers and extremely leinient licensing, I'll take every little bit of help I can get to protect myself and others on the roads.

So love your RUINED vehicle imho. I will love having a bad ass looking ride that PERFORMS as well as it looks.
So how low do you ideally want to go with the legacy to maximize performance? Top of the tire right close with the fender (gapless status)? And if just slapping coils on is the improper way to drop then what else besides a proper alignment? Control arms? Bushings? Sways&endlinks?