Thread: Perrin Divider?
View Single Post
#13: 01-29-2013, 06:48 AM

smokee_won
Title: Junior Member
Car: 2007 LGT B, billet vf46, and a 2000 RS
Send a private message to smokee_won Find all posts by smokee_won Reply With Quote
lol. Heres an analogy. You have a small amp so you go small wires right? Not a lot of power 50W so why waste the money o big wires. Makes since? Accually no. If you have such a small amount of power why would you get the smallest wire to hook it up. That wire has enough restance in it when you are running it to all your speaks that you lose near 20% of that 50W's so you are really only sending 40 watts to you speakers. Big fat wires have something like .0011 percent resistance with ten gauge compared to sonething like .02 per foot for 22 gauge. So which is better losing 1 watt per foot of your 50 watts or .06 watts per foot?
I am not out for maximum HP. I just don't want to lose any by giving it away to the air when I paid for it at the pump. If it escapes to the air then I am not using it. That is worth spending my money on. If my minimal gain is to shift the torque curve left a bit then I have spent my money well.