View Single Post
#4: 01-28-2013, 07:18 PM

pfoyle
Title: Contributing V.P.
Car: Brentuned '10GT-RacerX TMIC, Invidia TBE
Send a private message to pfoyle Find all posts by pfoyle Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by acumenhokie View Post
Have you upgraded your clutch yet? Might want to set some money aside for that.

Other options people seem to be exploring are e85 and upgrading the BPV. Pretty sure those are the only things left before you need to take the plunge.
Tax return is actually my emergency clutch fund! No slippage yet (knock on wood), but I am prepared for the eventual failure... I'll do some searching soon, but off the top of your head, do you know what people have upgraded to? All I know is the SPEC clutch kits do NOT come highly recommended...

Quote:
Originally Posted by minuccims View Post
IDC is 96% on Stage II tune.

Not a direct performance mod but injectors and fuel pump may be on your list. Recent interest in stock BOV/BPV not holding pressure >19 psi; replacing the quite restrictive turbo inlet pipe.

These would be companion mods to support the TMIC upgrade to get the best performance out of it.
Thanks minuccims! Forgive my ignorance, but what is IDC? Injectors/pumps are on my radar, but not sure that's in the cards right now. Is the turbo inlet pipe the major point of restriction after the TMIC is upgraded? I'm keeping up with the BOV/BPV but haven't made the decision there yet... Tune is at the end of March, TMIC going on around then too, so those might make the install list before all is said and done...