Thread: Perrin Divider?
View Single Post
#9: 01-28-2013, 08:01 AM

smokee_won
Title: Junior Member
Send a private message to smokee_won Find all posts by smokee_won Reply With Quote
I looked at the invidia. I dropped bells off my list. I am getting the DP coated and bells don't maximize using a thermal barrier to keep the exhaust velocity high out of the turbine. My effort is to get my torque curve as wide as possible within the system I am going to use. That system includes stock iron headers with larger piping where applicable. Everything will be ported and coated including my VF46 to increase the systems efficiency to as close to ideal as I can get it. In my view it is as important to extract spent gases out of the turbine as unimpeded and energetic as possible, as it is to get those gases into the turbine as unimpeded and energetic as possible. Every hot pipe has lagging, (insulation), on submarines for a reason. Energy extraction happens at the turbine. Loss of energy in the inlet piping through any of the three heat transfer modes is combated to get as much to the turbine as possible. Loss in the outlet piping is combated just as vigorously because the pressure Delta across the turbine assembly increases with the exhaust velocity increase and so the turbine efficiency goes up. All these little system links add up.