View Single Post
#1: 01-27-2013, 08:29 PM
Rear lights on my 05 wagon are not working

bullfrg
Title: Contributor
Car: 05 BSM GT Wagon non-limited 5spd
Send a private message to bullfrg Find all posts by bullfrg Reply With Quote
So the other night a friend of mine was following to dinner and said that my rear tail lights are not working. When I got back in the car I checked them and they were not lighting up. What I know at the moment is that the brake lights light up when the pedal is pushed, but they lower watt light does not come on when you turn on the lights at the stalk. Turn signals work. The rear marker lights in the wagon tail lights do not work and either do the license plate lights.

I checked the tail light fuse under the dash and it is good, swapped in another just because, with no change. I swapped the horn relay and the rear light relay under the hood and the horn still works, but the lights don't. I swapped in all new bulbs in the tail lights even though they did not look burnt out, no change.

Am I missing something? Is there another fuse? I can still drive it in the daytime but do not want to take it out after dark until this is figured out. Hoping someone can shed some light on this problem.

Update: So still no parking (clearance) lights.

I had 4 wires that were broken, two on each side of the hatch. On the drivers side it was both the bigger and smaller black with red dots. On the passenger side it was a black with silver dots and a blue/red with silver dots. Still have no lights when the headlight switch is on parking lights or headlight stops. I do have lights when I flip the switch on top of the steering wheel.

Thoughts?

Last edited by bullfrg; 01-31-2013 at 08:43 PM.. Reason: Added update
Sponsored links