View Single Post
#29: 01-27-2013, 12:04 AM

amidroc
Title: Member
Car: 2012 GGM 2.5i 6MT
Send a private message to amidroc Find all posts by amidroc Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTEASER View Post
On the way back from my son's Cub Scout Pine Car Derby today, my kids and I were following an inexperienced, older motorcycllist driving a brand new Harley with a custom paint job down a twisty canyon road. He target fixated on the guardrail going around a turn at about 30mph, and right in front of us, ended up driving right into said guardrail, rolling along the top of it for about 50 feet while trying to hold on to the bike. He wound up getting a ride to the hospital in the back of an ambulance with a shattered right arm. The bike ghost rode itself down the road about 300 feet and crashed into an embankment. Crazy to watch....

No wonder he was driving so erradically for the previous 5 miles. While lying in the road he said to the folks attending to him "I am so stupid, that was a brand new bike and this was my maiden voyage, my first time out".

I think he didn't get proper rider education, if any, and was riding waaaay too much bike for a noobie.

Damn! I wish I would have bought that dash cam a few weeks ago....
Was this somewhere near Hwy 1? I nearly low sided on Hwy 1 going to hot into a left hander on my SV a few years back.