View Single Post
#590: 01-25-2013, 08:11 PM

m sprank
Title: Vendor III
Car: Stg3 08 5EAT + Stg3.5 08 SpecB
Send a private message to m sprank Find all posts by m sprank
I am not upset, or angry, lol. It is Max car and he can do whatever he likes with it. I just dont want Meli coming looking for my head when the bills arrive.

I agree that if it is going to be "full race" I should be welding all the body panels together, gusseting and strengthening everything. A cage would be a MUST.

Please keep in mind that Ken Block is fully sponsored. That the engine bay in the posted pix gets rebuilt every single race. My machine always looked SICK at the starting line (Bonus Points for Style). Even if I got the hole shot and checked out, it looked nothing like it did when it left the line crossing the finish.

The cost involved in cutting out the OEM top hat cap and replacing with OEM is probably the same as me "going off" on bracing it. But, the brace will add unsprung weight. I could make top hat "plates" and weld the clevis for the Cusco strut tower bar into my brace, that way making a stronger plate and using the standard strut tower bar (that offers little to no stiffness). This would "reinforce" the top hat cap slightly. I was given permission to use the laser guided plasma cutter to make my top hat cap plates today. WOOT!