View Single Post
#6: 01-22-2013, 08:35 PM

DansSpace
Title: Member
Car: 2005 LGT ltd 5spd
Send a private message to DansSpace Find all posts by DansSpace Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolmers06LGT View Post
Why focus on the numbers, then? Why not instead focus on what's needed? You need a tmic if you don't already have one, and you might as well get the fuel pump. You're not going to flow enough through the 40 to utilize the headers or intake. If you're targeting 300whp, a 40 won't get you there. Plus, in order to get close you are pushing more boost than your turbo would like to see.. did you read the turbo wiki thread?
It's hard to focus on anything but numbers when I don't have a VF52 on my car to really feel it. I'm not going for any magical number, because if I wanted 300whp all I have to do is find the right dyno.

I've just seen a lot of guys posting up 40 numbers what would lead one to believe that it's an extremely capable turbo compared to the 52 on a stock fuel system, so I thought I'd ask for individual's thoughts and experiences, rather than focus on the numbers. That's all.

And thanks NRW, I searched a bit and never came across a comparison on the same dyno. The 52 is on stock injectors, correct?

Last edited by DansSpace; 01-22-2013 at 08:46 PM..