View Single Post
#101: 01-22-2013, 07:15 AM

michelino1968
Title: Contributor
Car: Legacy Wagon MY 2010 2.0 i BiFuel
Send a private message to michelino1968 Find all posts by michelino1968 Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuck16 View Post
The bigger question after seeing Peaty's photos is why in THE HELL did Subaru see it necessary to put an up arrow on the housing? For their installers........ or in case your inner ear was giving you trouble and you couldn't tell which way was up on your own? ;p
Don't think so, their own mechanics know very well how to install stuff, as they do it all day.

It's probably for being "bullet-proof" (or was that "idiot"-proof ) for any person that wants to do the changeut by him/herself.
Which in fact is highly recommendable, You simply can't tell exactly when the same cabin filter will need to be exchanged, putting it totally different situations of useage (Well, You could if You installed a pressure gauge measuring dP, but that's another story). So the best is to check on a regular basis and change it when necessary.

Generally an arrow is put on a filter when the filter media has a gradient fibre structure..I have some serious doubt that the OEM media has such a layout.

@Almatti: You're right, Italy is a great country, but...well, You regularly watch the news I suppose.
On 24 and 25.02.13 there will be the national election (parliament+senate)...let's just hope that the most serious and best-qualified people will be voted.

Last edited by michelino1968; 01-22-2013 at 07:20 AM..