View Single Post
#3454: 01-16-2013, 08:18 AM

Max Capacity
Title: Gearhead
Car: 05GT Wagon 5MT stg2, 09 specB stg1
Send a private message to Max Capacity Find all posts by Max Capacity
Quote:
Originally Posted by instantfury View Post
So... I f'd up today. I got the bright idea that adding k&w fiber lock block repair would do my car some good considering the mileage. Things have to be getting old and worn, why not? Yea. No. Followed directions to the letter. Let it do its thing. Drive down the road and after a while I come to a stop sign and notice my fans were on. Check the gauge and it looks fine. After an hour or so at a job I start to go home. 45 miles. I get halfway there and I just happened to glance at the gauge and it was just under the first warning line. WTF? Pull over wait a while till it cooled down and drove the rest of the way home with it just starting to climb back up. I pop the hood, feel the cap and nothing. It feels fine. I touch the secondary cap and it's a little hot. Once again Wtf? Grabbed the upper main hose and it's hot and looks like it's about to burst so I move on to the smaller hoses and give it a lil squeeze, then boom, steam and coolant is flying everywhere. Annnd again WTF! The nipple busted. So Napa has a radiator for 155 bucks. How long in labor should this be? /rant

What part of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" do you not understand...????

Engine Build - Click Here