Thread: DIY maintenance
View Single Post
#10: 01-15-2013, 01:17 PM

biggitybakes
Title: Junior Member
Car: 2012 Subaru Legacy 3.6R Limited SWP
Send a private message to biggitybakes Find all posts by biggitybakes Reply With Quote
Definitely get some rhino ramps, there are some that have less steep angles if you are worried about clearance. My advice is.. make sure your car is centered on the ramps and drive up them very slowly.

Also, know where your jack points are and invest in a set of jack stands. Also, some other good things to have are wheel chocks to make sure the car doesn't move on you. If I am working on brakes or suspension I usually throw the wheel under the car too, just in case

Don't go under the car unless you know it won't fall. I was amazed one time when I was out of town and I had my friend help my wife look at her brakes. They used the OEM jack that you find in the trunk and the car ended up falling with the wheel off and left a nice dent in some fairly new asphalt, which could have easily been one of their legs or arms.. They ended up jacking up the rear and had the e-brake on, but didn't chock the front wheels so the car rolled on them.. and trust me, these people aren't stupid, just inexperienced. It may be best to grab an experienced friend your first couple times under the car.