View Single Post
#168: 01-14-2013, 10:43 PM

MooKz
Title: Senior Monkey
Car: 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Limited
Send a private message to MooKz Find all posts by MooKz Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshute View Post
Why the EG33? I have heard great builds with the EZ30r and turbo setups. Just cost and availability or any advantages to the 3.3?
EG33 has a bullet-proof crank from factory that will laugh at 600WHP. So I can use the stock crank, and get a set of bearings, rods, pistons, bolts, and BANG, done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymonk8-8 View Post
Thats Awesome! You need to move to washington so we can help eachother with our builds haha.

On another note I pulled the motor out and pulled the heads. My original worry was I dropped something in the block but that is not the case. I believe its a bad rod bearing. So since I already told the wife that my motor is blown I might as well build it. So while I am away on my trip I will have the motor being built.

Since I don't plan on throwing over 500 WHP to this motor I am just going to throw a set of pistons and bearings into it and call it a day.
If you're looking to get anywhere around the 400whp range, I'd recommend a set of rods as well. But 350whp, pistons and bearings and you're all set. Just make sure you use the right oil.