View Single Post
#5: 01-14-2013, 09:48 PM

aigochamaloh
Title: Contributor
Car: 09 Legacy 2.5i DGM 5MT & 15 WRX Prem GBP
Send a private message to aigochamaloh Find all posts by aigochamaloh Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilvrFyre View Post
I agree completely, provided the load in the trailer is properly distributed. In the case of the bike in the uhaul, it is not. Maximum tongue weight on a class 2 hitch is 200 lbs. You put the entire 380 lb bike in the trailer in front of the trailers axle. When using a class 2 hitch it is always a good idea to load the trailer while not connected to the tow vehicle. That way, when you lift the tongue on to the ball, you are testing the weight distribution at the same time as hooking everything up. It will also leave the rear suspension a little more travel which on our SpecB models is admittedly a little soft for towing applications.
You're right. I rushed the load and didn't distribute it ideally, but the person who bought the bike wanted everything done that day and I rushed the whole process. I towed an empty trailer around for most of the 500 miles. I picked up the bike and delivered it, and that was around 60 miles. Next time, if I ever have to do this again, I will load it properly.

I think I'm more excited to use the hitch as a bike rack. Should be convenient!

And right on the brakes. I added in the OP that I am running EBC Redstuff front and back.

Last edited by aigochamaloh; 01-15-2013 at 10:50 AM..