Originally Posted by mr_hicksta
Oh and were you using one of those Mr. Gasket gaskets?
I was using the much smaller o-ring that fits into the spacer between the turbo & the intercooler... the one that more or less fixes the fitment problems. Supplied by Perrin... removed when I put on the PW.
I checked out the PW flange, and it's oriented the right way. It's just going to need some work to get everything aligned. What bugs me is that the turbo-side clamp doesn't have room to fit between the inlet hose and the turbo coolant line coming from the reservoir. It's tight
. I was worried about nicking the coolant line as I was cramming the clamp down in there.
My order, in the end, was:
1) hoses loosely installed on TMIC
2) throttle body side installed & tightened
3) turbo side installed & tightened
4) both TMIC clamps tightened
5) tried & failed to get passenger-side bolt in
6) installed driver-side bracket
No blow-outs on the 25-mile drive to work, but I drove in I-mode... bleh. Now just waiting on my tune! Watching my email inbox every few minutes...