View Single Post
#40: 01-09-2013, 09:36 PM

IceCold81
Title: Contributor
Car: 2005 Subaru Legacy GT
Send a private message to IceCold81 Find all posts by IceCold81 Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHracer View Post
I am having the same issues, if I turn sharp at a dead stop to pull out of a parking space I am getting a slipping noise and jolting feel in the steering wheel cold or warm. Got the cold start up squeal too, I was wondering if the ps pump is bad or just a belt issue? I don't know.
No solutions posted in this thread?

Hey as the above "Quoted" member mentioned, I have the EXACT same symptoms right now

Dead stop, slowly turning wheel or tight/slow turning for instance out of a parking spot, parallel parking etc.. Wheel turns perfectly, and then suddenly as mentioned above, I bet the very brief and sudden screech/squeal followed by the slight steering wheel Jitter/jolt and then back to normal... Can replicate pretty easily... otherwise normal driving with normal forward momentum, turning is a non issue, no noise/sounds/jitter/jolts nothing

Thoughts?

As a side note, I'd like to mention 2 things... This was NOT an issue until recent, and I just had my belts replaced recently, practically brand new... I also noticed the PS fluid was relatively low, and hasn't really been serviced, power steering pump has "Wet/Moist" look surrounding and on the pump (Blah) and car has approx 100k on it

For good measure here's some close ups looking down directly on or around the Power steering pump... What I'm seeing and you can also see the new belts...

P.S. Brought it to sears just in case it was something as simple as Belt tension.. They said the belt was def tight enough... That was about the most input I got from them though
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1332.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	402.2 KB
ID:	138580   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1331.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	314.5 KB
ID:	138581   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1330.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	518.9 KB
ID:	138582  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1329.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	358.0 KB
ID:	138583  

Last edited by IceCold81; 01-09-2013 at 09:51 PM..