#26: 01-08-2013, 10:55 PM

amidroc
Title: Member
Car: 2012 GGM 2.5i 6MT
Send a private message to amidroc Find all posts by amidroc Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by faded-a-fool View Post
Bumping an old thread here.

I'm thinking about getting this mirror below. Mine had the HK and Homelink/Compass/Auto Dim mirror but no Nav.

Do you think it would be plug and play? Do you think the wiring would be in place? Of course i'd have to buy the camera.

http://www.mitocorp.com/index.php?op..._category_id=1
I have the base model 2.5i and it didn't have any wiring harness in place for the camera. Not sure about the 3.6 with the HK system. It would be a quick to take the rear trunk cover off. Just a few trim tabs in place to see if there is wiring back there for a camera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgtftw View Post
I bought and installed the Gentex Mirror, I went to see if there was a harness for a rear view camera and there wasn't so I might go aftermarket and install a camera to work with my Radio (avh p4400)
Initially I wanted the Limited or Premium. But I got a good deal on my base 2.5i. The deal was so good, that the difference in price for the goodies that I wanted that were standard on those two models I figured I could get via aftermarket.

This is the route I went with on my Pioneer head unit & BU camera set up. I did the installation all myself. Now in hindsight i should have documented the install a little better.

The pioneer backup camera that i bought needed a hole drilled through the trunk to allow the camera cable to run through.

There was an existing area on the trunk for this hole. I didn't have a grommet large enough for the hole i drilled (poor planning on my part) So I used some rubber mastic tape to protect the cable as it ran through the hole. Also a notch needed to be cut out of the trunk trim piece above the lic plate for the camera. There was also and existing area on the trim to be cut for that.

I followed the existing cable route for trunk lights and ended up fishing the cable very carfully through the existing rubber cable protector on the right side of the trunk door. I zip tied the camera cable to the underside of the rear deck to the left side. and ran it down thru the trim. A little trim removal was necessary to get the cable from the trunk to the rear seat area.

Then just ran the cable down the side of the car under the door trim, then up to the drivers side trim and over to the head unit where all the power connections were made. adjusting the camera position didnt take to long.

The camera is not acctually mounted it just sitting in place with some good 3M double sided tape.

Here is the new member thread i posted with some pics of the head unit after the install.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthrea...al-184700.html
The Following User Says Thank You to amidroc For This Useful Post:
faded-a-fool (01-08-2013)