View Single Post
#82: 01-04-2013, 10:37 PM

wonka
Title: sorry no golden ticket
Car: '05 LGT
Send a private message to wonka Find all posts by wonka Reply With Quote
Not sure how many points reckless driving is, but ~$400 gets you this verdict without ever stepping foot into a courtroom and already includes court costs. The reckless driving charge was speeding down i95. Interesting verdict since they didn't even need any information from me nor did I have to get my speedometer re-calibrated. So always keep your points and record crystal clean by getting a lawyer. My driving record is pages long, but I have never lost points -- One note: Military bases have their own point system and this doesn't quite work there

Commonwealth v. me "wonka"
Case No.: GT11013773-00

Dear Mr. Wonka:

This letter outlines the terms on which your case was disposed of by the Emporia General District Court on December 06, 2011 at 10:30AM.

The judge has reduced your original charge of Reckless Driving to Defective Speedometer, Virginia Code Section 46.2-1080. This charge is a non-moving violation that carries 0 points. The judge has ordered you to pay a fine in the amount of $150.00 along with court costs which are $71.00 for a total amount due of $221.00. You must pay this amount within 15 days of your court date. Failure to timely pay your court costs and fines PRIOR to December 21, 2011, will result in a suspension of your license in Virginia and license restoration fees of $145.00 or more.