View Single Post
#8: 01-04-2013, 10:51 PM

monkeyposeur
Title: Flying W00t Monkey
Car: 95 BK, 93 SS!
Send a private message to monkeyposeur Find all posts by monkeyposeur Reply With Quote
Oh, I would still replace the timing belt as soon as you can. I'm just saying it won't destroy your engine if it breaks. When you replace the timing belt also replace all of the pulleys, idlers, hydraulic tensioner, and the water pump. Also while everything is off replace the cam seals, the crank seals, reseal your oil pump and tighten the screws on the backside, and replace your camshaft support o-rings. There is one on the driver's side, and two on the passenger side.

The turbo is most likely fine. The VF-11s are pretty long lasting. You can check for shaft play but that necessitates removing it (which I would avoid at this point as everything is so brittle and you don't want to crack anything). If the car is dog slow and you can't hear the turbo spooling up then there is probably a boost leak. No need to install a turbo timer. If anything install a boost gauge so you know how much boost you are getting.

Also, the moonroofs on these old leggys almost always leak. Mine does. I'll fix it when it warms up a bit.