View Single Post
#928: 01-04-2013, 09:54 AM

luchadorjose
Title: That Guy
Car: 2008 QSM Unicorn, 2008 DGM camry
Send a private message to luchadorjose Find all posts by luchadorjose Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianLegacy View Post
pulling the battery helps the car learn? so say i put a cat back and pull battery it will auto tune to the upgrade? just using that as an example. is that correct?
pulling the battery resets the learned data in your computer, but your computer still has the base parameters that don't change. The learned (realtime) data only affects so many tables and changes only so much. Any "auto tuning" would be very small adjustments to keep your car in nominal ranges, and wouldn't really improve your power substantially

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasejase View Post
E-tunes and brushups too!
I didn't mention etunes and brushups because open source tuning allows you to send maps to/from a tuner for etunes as well, and it's not really any more difficult if you know your way around a computer. But

Quote:
Originally Posted by robitrice View Post
Also i have thought about getting one because i do not plan on living in New England for much longer and this would allow me to get tunes regardless of where i live. Plus the idea of switching maps to say a more econimical map for long distance drives instead of having it maxed out all the time.
With an 07+ you also have Si drive, which your tuner can set to different levels of performance to aid in economy. My tuner set my modes to 9, 16, and 19psi in i, S, and S#, along with dulling the throttle response in "i" and sharpening the response in S#.