View Single Post
#5524: 01-02-2013, 06:39 AM

05wagongt
Title: Senior Member
Car: 2005 legacy gt wagon
Send a private message to 05wagongt Find all posts by 05wagongt Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottFW View Post
Red light racing, an RX-8 has no chance even on bone dry pavement due to a severe torque defecit. Stock versus stock the LGT is about a full second faster to 60 mph. The two are actually not very far apart in terms of top end hp-to-weight, he just needs to wind out the engine a LOT farther to find his. Around a road course he would simply drive away from you, due to the RX-8's 400-lb weight advantage and vastly superior suspension. The RX-8 does have a few advantages over an LGT, it's just that none of them are really applicable to daily driving.

i like his car, sounds nice, love an angine that redlines where most would explose, its just too slow for me. it handles like a slot car, and its stock as far as suspension goes. im sure i would take him in a straight line, its a shame mazda didnt put a little more hp into those cars, they could have been a lot more popular. plus he gets terrible gas mileage, didnt know that. but apparantly all rx-8s do.