View Single Post
#5: 01-01-2013, 08:46 AM

Almatti
Title: Contributor
Car: 2010 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium
Send a private message to Almatti Find all posts by Almatti Reply With Quote
I had originally got the RS3-As for our 2010 Legacy Premium after I upgraded to the 17" Subaru wheels (thx Steve) by purchasing them on this forum.

They were spectacular..handling, steering, BUT very hard at 225/50/17s. Cooper allows for a 45 day Exchange program which Mavis Tire honored. They wouldn't balance just right. Brought them to our trusted Dealer [Grand Prix Subaru in Hicksville, Long Island, NY - they are great]. They couldn't get them to balance because of the nature of the tire - a UHP {just a slight grade down froma a racing tire according to the tire/wheel tech at the dealer]. He suggested to change them for a tire a notch down. I went to Cooper CS4s....Very Glad I did. less harsh for this car. I took the tech's advice and went with 215/50/17s (that's the recommended tire size for a NON -LGT). The tires are impressive in dry, & wet, offer excellent handling characteristics, have an excellent Traction & Tread wear grades, are highly rated by Consumers Reports [Though not the highest rated like the CS3-As). For $110 per mounted & balanced from Mavis Tires, they balanced perfectly, ride comfortably. When we get some snow, we'll see how they work in that type of conditions. Michelins, Yeah, they are great tires, but these Coopers offer a great value for the Buck and they are made in the USA.
The Following User Says Thank You to Almatti For This Useful Post:
sschmelcke (01-06-2013)