View Single Post
#44: 12-30-2012, 01:24 PM

Dujo
Title: Contributing V.P.
Car: 1 of 99 2005 ABP/Tpe LGT Ltd 5MT Wagon
Send a private message to Dujo Find all posts by Dujo Reply With Quote
Youtube clips of exhaust sounds: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthrea...ad-102170.html

I have no idea if the exhaust you're looking at is listed in there, but I don't recall seeing it. Borla catback tends to be a little bit quieter than Magnaflow. Personally, I think that's among the quieter aftermarket catbacks. It is louder than stock at idle and wot, but fyi ... I don't seem to turn any heads on the street when I stomp on it, so it may be a good compromise close to what you are looking for.

The Borla also seems to be a lot more rumbly than raspy, but I sort of thought that equal length headers (raspy) vs unequal length headers (rumbly boxer ftw ... uel is stock, fyi) had more effect on raspy vs. rumbly than the catback. However, I admit that I am expert in no area relating to these cars, so always take my advice with a grain of salt.

Fyi ... you can always try an aftermarket up and down pipe with the stock catback. That may get you exactly the sound you are looking for. Should be a little louder than totally stock, but certainly won't rumble anybody's pants off. Try that first as it's the cheapest catback option (free for the stock cans already on there).

I run Cobb catted down w/Borla catback (Cobb up, stock uel headers). There's an example of that (not mine) as the second vid posted in the thread. Enjoy!

Last edited by Dujo; 12-30-2012 at 01:43 PM..