View Single Post
#528: 12-29-2012, 11:04 PM

LosAngelesLGT
Title: Flying W00t Monkey
Car: 05 LGT 5mt 371hp on 91oct & 06 OBXT Stg1
Send a private message to LosAngelesLGT Find all posts by LosAngelesLGT
OMG I'm tires. Just spent hours working on the car. No more creaks, squeaks or pops in the suspension, everything tight that wasn't, everything doublechecked that was. Slightly flappy mudflap to secure in AM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m sprank View Post
I will try to leave a day open to check the car for you. I have all Stoptechs at 10% off this month (only a few days left). On a rear BBK, that is a HUGE saveings.
I appreciate it. I understand if you don't. I will try to contact you Monday to place a Stoptech order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m sprank View Post
Consider that your brake pads might need replacing after track day too. That or, run a different pad for the track. Something like a DTC-60 or 70.
Only one way to find out and I'll be at Streets of Willow with the XtremeSpeed boys tomorrow. Its not like I am doing a time attack guys. I am going to start slow and ramp up the speed till I start to see some sort of negative response, then back off and bring it in. I hope to have some meaningful feedback to give that combined with an inspection you will be able to figure out what the right balance of parts and settings is going to be for me (at least as an all-around starting point). Lastly, I am not the least bit intimidated about swapping pads in a race caliper. Talk about easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fahr_side View Post
Star Specs for DD / track tire or Fed 595RS if you NEVER have to drive in standing water.
What about Kumo Ecsta XS for a fun to play on cheap tire that can be driven to the track? They come in the same tire size I am running now (245/35/18), are cheap! I can get a set for ~$700 and enjoy a few track days while I figure out if I want a dedicated set of track meats or if I am even going to have time to keep up with track days and a newborn. If I roast the Ecsta I can buy another D31 drag, use those for street tires and the RPF1 for something more Xtreme . Just trying to get the most smiles per $ at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nrw View Post
I almost want to fly out to Cali just to see this car in person
You are welcome anytime. I'd make sure you had a lot of fun.