View Single Post
#6: 12-28-2012, 09:54 AM

PoManzAWD
Title: Contributor
Car: 2012 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium CVT
Send a private message to PoManzAWD Find all posts by PoManzAWD Reply With Quote
I hear you, but I'm not sure serviceability is going to be an issue with these CVTs. They've got easily accessible drain and fill plugs. If you were to do a fluid change on them, you add back in, what you took out (cold), just like any dipstick-less AT.

Problem is, they haven't been around long enough for anyone to post any service on them. In another year or two, If I can get my hands on some super special Aisin chain-drive CVT magical juice for a decent price, I'll do a drain/fill on mine.

They also have a conventional, removable bottom pan, which may or may not have a filter above it. Time will tell. Hopefully someone will post their experiences as time goes on.

Subaru sure has committed to them. It won't be long before all their ATs are CVT. I'd like to think SOA is very confident with their longevity.

I'll take a CVT any day over a super annoying 6-8sp automatic. Those aren't any cheaper to replace either. There's no fixing them anymore. It's a swap out.

Joel